DIAPERLOGUE: the unremarkable adventures of a suburban prince and princess

Tuesday, July 25, 2006

Night Divides the Day

posted by Evan Jake at 7:41 AM

We have break through! My first tooth!! For real this time...I think.

A couple months ago, mom and dad were convinced I was getting a tooth. I was being fussy. And they had tried everything to soothe me. They gave me toys, they gave me medicine, they took me on car rides (I love car rides). But it turned out to be a false alarm. No tooth. I was just being fussy, as usual.

But today, TODAY, I have toothage...I think.

On my bottom gum, there's a sharp little burr. I keep sucking on it, hoping it will go away, but it won't. Mom has noticed it too, as evidenced by her desire to stick her finger in my mouth every 2 seconds. Apparently a lot babies get fussy when a tooth breaks through. But not me. I'm fussy already. Even when I'm getting a tooth...I think.

Maybe this means I'll get to start eating real food. That's me in the picture eating my pureed carrots. I like carrots. But I can't wait to chomp down into one of those burgers I see mom and dad eating. I guess that will take a few more teeth. I can't wait to get them...I think.

~:O

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

free webpage counters