DIAPERLOGUE: the unremarkable adventures of a suburban prince and princess

Wednesday, June 28, 2006

Lifeguard on Duty

posted by Evan Jake at 6:25 PM

The other day mom and dad took me on a walk up to the pool. We walk up there a lot, but because it's at the top of a hill, we don't always make it that far. I guess they're too lazy to push my stroller all the way up.

Anyway, this time, instead of walking past the pool, we went inside! Dad decided he wanted to go for a swim. And he was going to take me with him. So mom and dad put a special water diaper on me and dressed me in my very own swimming trunks. I don't understand the point of a pool diaper. If it's not supposed to absorb water, then what purpose does it serve when I wear it?

So once I had my special non-absorbent diaper on and my swimming trunks, dad picked me up and plopped me right into the pool. The water was really cold. And it smelled funny. But it was kind of fun. That's me in the picture wearing my trunks and splashing in the pool.

I loved the water. Sitting in the water and moving around was nice and relaxing. Almost as relaxing as being on a car ride -- I love car rides. I also liked kicking and splashing.

Dad and I got to have the pool all to ourselves. You see, there's one big pool for old ladies swimming laps and one smaller pool just for cute babies like me. Dad kept a tight grip on me in the water so I wouldn't swim away. While I was glad he was there to keep me safe, let me say I was thankful a lifeguard was on duty, too. After a few minutes of fun, dad took me out of the water and dried me off.

When we got home, mom gave me a nice warm bath to wash all the smelly pool water off me. The warm bath was much nicer than the cold pool. Maybe next time I'll just skip right to the warm bath.

~:O

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

free webpage counters