DIAPERLOGUE: the unremarkable adventures of a suburban prince and princess

Friday, June 16, 2006

YOU FORGOT SOMETHING!

posted by Evan Jake at 8:18 AM

HEY, MOM! HEY! YOU FORGOT SOMETHING!!!!

Last night when mom put me down for bed, we did our whole usual routine. I got a clean nappy (that's what they call a diaper in England). Mom put me into my PJs (that's short for pajamas here in the US). And she put on my bedtime music ("Somewhere over the Rainbow" as performed by "IZ" Kamakawiwo-ole. He's Hawaiian).

Then, as mom does every night when the song ends, she put me in my crib and turned out the light. Only this time, she forgot something. MY PACIFIER!!!!

I don't know why mom forgot to put my Precious "Pacie" in. Because I really need it to go to sleep. Like, really. I cannot sleep without it. Mom certainly knows this. I can't believe that she simply forgot to give it to me.

Precious "Pacie" goes everywhere I go. On car rides (I love car rides with Pacie), on trips to the doctor (I hate the doctor, even with Pacie) and on walks in the stroller. That's me in the picture in my stroller holding onto "Pacie." But last night, I found myself in the crib and no Pacie! As soon as she left the room, I tried to let mom know of her careless oversight.

HEY, MOM! COME BACK! YOU FORGOT SOMETHING! I NEED PACIE! I NEEEEEED PACIE! MOM! WHERE'S PACIE?! I NEED PACIE!!!

Mom must have been listening to loud music or stuck under a large piece of furniture. Because I kept screaming for a really long time and she didn't come back. So I kept yelling!

Eventually mom came in to see what I was yelling about.

MOM! IT'S YOU! WHERE HAVE YOU BEEN?! HOW COULD YOU FORGET MY PACIE?! CAN I HAVE IT? CAN I HAVE IT NOW? GIVE ME PACIE!!

I think mom got the message. She gave me Pacie and I was able to get right to sleep. I wonder what mom was doing not giving me Pacie like that. I hope she's not planning to take Pacie away from me. That would be a big mistake. A big, big mistake. Mark my words.

~:O

2 Comments:

At 9:20 AM, Blogger Josh said...

I don't see this ending well.

 
At 5:00 PM, Blogger Jammer said...

Evan,

Let us know if we need to call the Dept. of Child Protective Services. These parents of yours seem very neglectful!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

free webpage counters