DIAPERLOGUE: the unremarkable adventures of a suburban prince and princess

Sunday, May 28, 2006

Evan Jake's Day Off

posted by Evan Jake at 2:25 PM

Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around every once in a while, you might miss it. This is especially true if you're not looking at me. At any moment I may decide to roll over, sit up on my own, flash a cheeky smile or spit up on your shoes. You'll be sorry you missed it. Which is probably why dad has a camera fixated on me most of the time.

Every day now seems to bring something new. Just a few days ago, I hated my "ExcerSaucer." Now I can't wait to get in there and play with all the cool toys. I used to hate tummy time. And I still hate tummy time, but now I hold my head up high, look around and try to roll myself over (with limited success so far). I've always loved car rides, but now...not so much. I used to enjoy just sitting back and relaxing during the drive. Now, even in my new comfy car-chair, I get bored and antsy.

One reason I'm getting tired of car rides is that I'm always facing backwards. I can't see mom or dad and I can't see where we're going. I'm back there all alone staring at the cheap upholstery in dad's car. (Mom's car has leather.) I'm just not getting excited about this anymore. But that too will probably change again in a few days.

Dad says I'm showing a lot more personality lately. (That's me in the picture smiling for mom.) It's not that I didn't have personality before, I'm just learning new ways to express myself. For the past five months, my message has been simple and unchanging. "I'm cute. Worship me." Just give me a quick glance. I think you'll get the message.

~:O

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

free webpage counters