DIAPERLOGUE: the unremarkable adventures of a suburban prince and princess

Tuesday, May 09, 2006

And That's the Tooth?

posted by Evan Jake at 9:17 PM

I've been going to bed around nine o'clock lately. It only took nearly five months, but I seem to have found a regular bedtime that I enjoy. (Even though I go to bed at the same time every night, I still wake up as many times in the middle of the night as I feel like.)

So here I was getting some decent sleep at night, until my mouth started hurting. My mouth would fill with drool and my gums got sore. So I've been grabbing anything and everything and sticking it in my milk-hole to sooth the pain. Sometimes I just use my fingers.

Mom has given me some of the tasty purple medicine, which helps. She's also rubbed some cool goo in my mouth that makes the pain go all away -- at least for a minute. Needless to say, with the pain and aching, I've been a little cranky. While that's nothing unusual, mom says it's probably for a good reason.

Mom says I'm getting a tooth. Beneath that little white bump in the bottom of my mouth, she says a tooth will soon poke through. What on earth do I need a tooth for? All I ever eat is milk and mushy rice cereal.

Then again, I see mom and dad eat all this cool looking food and it would be nice to try some. Although some of the food mom eats doesn't look too appetizing. Like the stuff she gets at the drive-through. Yuk. I love car rides, but I could do without that greasy stuff.

Well, I can't wait to meet my tooth. It shouldn't be long now. Then I'll really have a reason to smile for the camera. To show off my toothy grin!

~:O

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

free webpage counters