DIAPERLOGUE: the unremarkable adventures of a suburban prince and princess

Monday, April 03, 2006

The 26th Man

posted by Evan Jake at 11:00 PM

Mom says I may not being seeing much of dad anymore. Not that I see him very much now. But for the next six months, I'll be seeing him even less. Why?

Today was the first day of baseball season.

Not only did dad try to subject me to watching a baseball game on TV, he held me on his lap while he watched clips of other games on ESPN and kept me from blogging because he was checking box scores for the games he just watched and then saw the highlights of. Then again, watching baseball is still better than those stupid Baby Einstein videos. The DVDs have so many previews and introductions and warnings before them, I'm usually crying by the time the video actually starts.

I haven't decided if I like baseball yet or if I will like a particular team. Dad has a favorite team that doesn't even play in this city. Even though he can't watch them on TV here, he can usually pick up the games on the car radio. Apparently dad likes to drive around for no reason just to listen to the games. If he wanted to take me along, that's something I could get used to -- I love car rides.

Dad wants to get me a little baseball cap. Not so I'll like baseball, but so it can cover my bald little head. (I think a few new sprouts are coming in. It may not be much longer!)

Maybe someday soon mom and dad will take me to a real game. I bet I could scream really loud there and no one would notice!

~:O

1 Comments:

At 8:49 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Okay, Evan, it is time you became a Phan. You may have been born in Baltimore but your roots go back to Philafia and the Phils. You must take on the heartbreak of being a Phan. Next week, your good friends will present you with a Phillies cap. Then you and your father and can be morose and bitter together each summer as the Phils make their journey into the basement and disappoint their phans again.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

free webpage counters