DIAPERLOGUE: the unremarkable adventures of a suburban prince and princess

Saturday, March 25, 2006

Bumbo Potato

posted by Evan Jake at 5:49 PM

I got a new chair today. It came in the mail in a big box. I guess mom and dad were too lazy to go to a store a buy it. Anyway, it's called a "Bumbo Chair."

There's something creepy looking about it, but I think I like it. It kind of looks like a big salad bowl with holes cut out for my feet. It helps me sit up straight so I can look around and see what's going on -- when I'm not standing, that is. It's pretty comfortable, even though it squeezes me a bit in the diaper area, if you catch my drift. And it's so light and portable, mom and dad can put me and that chair anywhere: on the kitchen table, the clothes dryer or even the bathroom floor. They can easily neglect me in every room of the house!

As cool as the "Bumbo" looks, it's really just one more chair for my growing collection. I already have a bouncy chair, a swinging chair, a rocking chair, a car chair, a high chair and now a Bumbo chair! My favorite chair, though, is still my car chair. (I love car rides.)

I feel special having so many chairs just for me. I already have more chairs than dad! I only ever see dad use one chair. It's in front of the TV and he's there pretty much all the time -- napping, watching game shows or eating dinner. Sometimes he gets up when mom tells him, but not always. He never gets up when I cry, that's for sure.

I can tolerate each one of my chairs for about ten minutes before I start crying. So if mom and dad just keep moving me around to all my chairs, I can keep entertained for at least an hour!

~:O

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

free webpage counters