DIAPERLOGUE: the unremarkable adventures of a suburban prince and princess

Tuesday, March 28, 2006

Tell Tchaikovsky the News

posted by Evan Jake at 7:07 PM

I've said before how much I hate tummy time. But I've placated mom by doing my best, prone on my belly, wiggling and screaming as little as possible. I've gotten better at holding my head up on my own -- actually, I'm just trying to keep my face out of my puddle of spit-up. And I'm able to hang out there for several minutes at a time before I completely melt down. But I still hate tummy time.

Well, today, I finally realized that I don't need to take it anymore! While on my belly, to my great shock, I suddenly rolled over!! Just like that. One flip of my arm and I was on my back. What a miracle. Mom was so ecstatic she called dad at work right away -- I'm sure she was interrupting something really important at his "job."

I haven't been able to do it again. But I think I'll soon learn to roll from my tummy to my back whenever I want. My ultimate goal, of course is rolling my way to toward the door, and eventually the car. (I love car rides.) But I guess in order to do that, I need to figure out how to roll from my back to my front, too. I haven't gotten the hang of that one yet. I'll need to figure that one out soon.

In the meantime, no one can make this baby do tummy time any longer than I want to!

~:O

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

free webpage counters