DIAPERLOGUE: the unremarkable adventures of a suburban prince and princess

Wednesday, April 19, 2006

I'm a Junkie

posted by Evan Jake at 10:19 PM

Turning four months old unfortunately means another visit to the doctor. So I got woken up from my morning nap to get piled in the car. As much as I love car rides, this was not a good time. I was quite cranky. But I didn't seem to have a choice in the matter.

Mom and dad dragged me into the doctor where I got stripped down, weighed, measured and slapped down on a paper sheet. I'm getting to know the routine by now. The good news is I'm growing taller. The bad news is I'm putting on weight. The extra rolls of fat on my arms and legs gave me the impression I'd been getting heavier, but the scale proved that today. I'm now tipping out at about 14 1/2 pounds. That's almost twice as much as I weighed when I was born! When was the last time you doubled your weight in four months? It doesn't seem right.

When the doctor came in she asked mom and dad how I was doing. Mom and dad then spent the next half hour telling the doctor what terrible baby I am. That I don't sleep much, that I fuss about eating, that I'm cranky a lot and that I cry too much. The doctor looked me over and said there's basically nothing wrong with me. And in not so many words told mom and dad that they are the ones who are terrible! Okay, she didn't quite say that. But I could tell she was thinking it.

Yes, I'm a willful baby. No one tells me when to go to sleep or what to eat. I'm in charge here. That's just the way it is. If that makes me a difficult baby, then guilty as charged.

After the doctor left, another woman came in and poked me in both my legs -- twice! Ouch. Ouch. Ouch. Ouch. In case the first one didn't hurt, here's three more. She then gave me little band-aids with cartoon pictures on them. As if I care.

Since the shots tend to make me feverish, the doctor told mom to give me a double dose of that purple medicine. So when I got home, mom drugged me up good. I went right to sleep and slept all afternoon! That was nice. Oh, I think it's time for another dose!

~:O

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

free webpage counters