DIAPERLOGUE: the unremarkable adventures of a suburban prince and princess

Wednesday, May 24, 2006

Bring on the Dancing Chairs!

posted by Evan Jake at 7:42 PM

Tonight dad took me and mom out for ice cream. I was excited to go. Not because I like ice cream (I've never had it) but because I got to go for a car ride of course. I love car rides. And it was great trying out my new car chair.

As you may remember, I got a new car chair last week, but mom decided she didn't like it. She thought it didn't fit me right. So mom and dad took me to the car chair store to pick out a new one. They strapped me into every chair there to see which one fit my tiny bum and big head the best.

There were a lot of car chairs to choose from. Mom wanted the most expensive one. Dad wanted the cheapest. Mom asked dad if he was willing to put a price on my safety. He started to think about a response. Needless to say, mom won that argument and now I have a really nice new car chair.

I didn't get any ice cream at the ice cream store. That kind of bummed me out. But I know that when I'm a little older, I'll get some ice cream of my own that I can eat and smear all over my car chair. Dad will love that. I'll probably spit up on it a few times, too, for good measure.

Meanwhile, I also got a new chair for my bathtub (also known as the kitchen sink). That's me in the picture sitting in the sink getting a bath. I have a little pact with mom and dad that if they promise not to take any naked pictures of me as a baby, I'll never steal the car keys when I'm 16. This picture is a little borderline don't you think? I think it's worth at least one joy ride with my friends.

I could probably reach out and grab the keys now if I wanted to. I've gotten very good with my hands. If you put something anywhere within my reach, I will grab it, crumple it up and stick it in my mouth. No matter what it is, when I'm through it's nothing but a wrinkled, soggy mess. I guess that's why mom and dad were keeping their ice cream treats so far away from me. Smart move.

~:O

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

free webpage counters