DIAPERLOGUE: the unremarkable adventures of a suburban prince and princess

Sunday, June 25, 2006

Open Mouth, Insert Foot

posted by Evan Jake at 5:22 PM

I've bragged recently about how well I'm rolling over and sitting up on my own. I'm also pretty limber. That's me in the picture with my foot in my mouth.

I'm moving around so much these days, mom and dad strap me into everything. I used to only get strapped into my car chair (which I didn't mind because I love car rides). But now I get strapped to my changing table. I get strapped into my high chair. I get strapped into my rocking chair. And maybe mom and dad should start strapping me into my crib.

In my crib I like to roll around a lot. Mom and dad will put me in the crib facing one direction and I'll turn myself all the the way around. I just like to see the look on their face when they come in. They try to figure out if they put me in that way or if I spun myself around. Hey, a baby's got to have a hobby.

What I also like to do in my crib is practice my rolling. The problem is, I'll roll myself onto my tummy, but I'll get stuck there. And if you know me at all, you know I hate tummy time! Imagine, getting stuck having tummy time all alone in my crib in the middle of the night. Needless to say, this causes me to cry.

Mom and dad will come into my room in the middle of the night or during one of my naps and find me on my belly. It's gotten to the point now where they simply walk in, flip me back over and walk out. Like I'm an omelet or something. Maybe I shouldn't get so wild in my crib just yet. I'd be happy to stick with simply sucking on my toes. But the footies on my PJs always get in the way!

~:O

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

free webpage counters