DIAPERLOGUE: the unremarkable adventures of a suburban prince and princess

Tuesday, March 25, 2008

Voila, Pastels!

posted by Evan Jake at 6:42 PM

Remember when I got moved into my very own safari-theme room? I thought Mommy and Daddy were going to hang velvet ropes across the doorway of my old room, consecrating it as a museum celebrating the early years of Evan Jake. Turns out, they had designs on that room all along. It was going to be my little sister's room!

This weekend Daddy finally got his act together and painted it in anticipation of my sister's arrival. At last, I think he realized that Mommy wasn't going to waddle in there, climb up a ladder, suck in some paint fumes and do it herself. So he was going to have to do the painting. Or Mommy was going to really let him have it. I guess Daddies just don't have that nesting instinct the way that Mommies when they enter the last trimester.

By the way, how many of these trimesters are there? I hope there are a lot more because I'm not quite ready to meet this little sister just yet. There's been so much hype already, I think I'm just going to be let down in a very big way. But I digress.

It looks like Daddy did a pretty nice job painting the room without spilling too much paint on himself or the carpet. And Mommy did a beautiful job stitching up some curtains. But yuk -- those colors! All that pale yellow, pink and green. What a travesty. I can't believe what they did to my old room!

All those frilly colors in her room do not bode well. Apparently, Mommy is working on some pink slip covers for that rocking chair because heaven forbid the little princess is seen sitting in a blue rocking chair.

I'll be sticking to shades of grass stain and mud pie, thank you very much.

~:O

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

free webpage counters