DIAPERLOGUE: the unremarkable adventures of a suburban prince and princess

Monday, February 25, 2008

Blue Man Croup

posted by Evan Jake at 10:26 PM

Whoa, I've just been totally knocked on my tushy. Over the weekend I got this really bad fever and I had a barking cough. This afternoon, Mommy finally took me to the doctor and they said I have croup! What in the world is croup? It sounds like something that shouldn't still be around anymore -- like measles, scurvy or guinea-worm disease.

Well, whatever croup is, I've got a nasty case of it. My doctor sent me to the emergency room to get treated. I got rushed right in. I'm sure this was due to the cuteness triage. That always moves me to the front of the line.

The treatment for croup is steroids. Luckily I can take these steroids in a tasty medicine. No needles necessary. If only Roger Clemens knew about the tasty medicine, he wouldn't be in the mess he's in now.

When I came home from the hospital, I was pretty miserable. And still am. It's been hard to breathe but my cough has gotten a little better. All I can do is curl up in Mommy's lap and act pathetic. Cute and pathetic, that is.

Yours crouply,
Evan Jake

~:O

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

free webpage counters