DIAPERLOGUE: the unremarkable adventures of a suburban prince and princess

Tuesday, January 29, 2008

Now Spit!

posted by Evan Jake at 7:42 PM

Today, Mommy took me to the tooth doctor for the very first time. I got to sit in a big pink reclining chair and they had videos on the ceiling.

I was very well behaved and sat still the whole time. Mommy had been talking up the dentist for a couple days now, so I was all ready to go in there and say, "Ah!"

So when I was in the dentist chair, I took my cue and opened wide. I was hoping to get some happy gas, but the dentist just took a tiny mirror and put it in my mouth. It tasted like shiny. He said my teeth looked really good in the mirror. Then he told Mommy to be sure to brush my teeth twice a day. I only brush them once a day now, before bed time. And that's plenty for me. The dentist man also told Mommy to floss my teeth every night. Yeah, as if.

I thought denists gave out candy, but this one only gave me a sticker. What a rip-off. I was totally not buying it. So he gave me a new toothbrush to take home instead. "Ooh, a toothbrush. What fun." I pretended to be totally excited about it. Given all the sharp tools I saw there, I don't want to get on this guy's bad side.

I appreciate the concern for my teeth, but aren't they all going to fall out anyway? So shouldn't I enjoy not brushing and flossing while I can? I wouldn't mind if my teeth fell out early. I could use the tooth-fairy cash.

~:O

1 Comments:

At 12:11 PM, Blogger Jamie said...

Great job at the dentist. Avery would have a heart attack for sure.
We only brush once a day too, and it's not the most effective I've seen :) But we do our best.
Good luck with the flossing. HA!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

free webpage counters