DIAPERLOGUE: the unremarkable adventures of a suburban prince and princess

Sunday, January 13, 2008

Man, What Are You Doin' Here?

posted by Evan Jake at 9:53 PM

This weekend we got in Biggie Van and drove to Philadelphia for my Mom-Mom-Mom's birthday brunch. We went to the Cheesecake Factory. I wasn't offered any cheesecake, and I didn't get to see the factory part, so we might as well have been eating anywhere. But that wouldn't have mattered, since I was getting to see the whole family and we had a great time together.

My great-grandmother, aka Mom-Mom-Mom, is an awesome lady. And she got a way cooler party than I did for my birthday. There weren't any paper plates or messy craft projects. Just nice clean dishes and yummy food. Mom-Mom-Mom even got a real piece of cake to eat -- not just a cupcake like I got at my party. She got nice gifts, too. Although, I didn't see her getting as much cool stuff as I did. She didn't get any gifts made out of brightly-colored molded plastic or picture books made out of cardboard.

Dadda did agree to share some of his giant Belgian waffle with chocolate chips. I love waffles and I love chocolate. I never would have thought to put the two together. It was divine.

While we were there, we stayed overnight with my aunt and uncle. They have two fun kitty cats I got to chase around. And there are like three different keyboard instruments in the basement I got to play on. That's me in the picture sitting at the Clavinova playing my rendition of "Twinkle, Twinkle Little Star" in the style of John Cage. I also got to listen to my uncle play the guitar and he even let me hit the strings with my fist over and over.

I hear that I'll soon have new cousin to play with when I visit their house. Then I'll finally have someone decent to play duets with.

~:O

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

free webpage counters