DIAPERLOGUE: the unremarkable adventures of a suburban prince and princess

Saturday, January 05, 2008

Potty Training

posted by Evan Jake at 8:04 PM

Over the winter vacation, Dadda decided to redo the floor in the bathroom in our basement. The bathroom had dark wall-to-wall carpeting. I guess the idea of a young male getting potty trained motivated Dadda to tear up that carpeting and put down beautiful new tile.

Dadda did an amazing job putting down the new floor. Bubbie says the floor is crooked. But I think it looks great. That's me in the potty room with the pretty new floor.

The last part of the job was putting back the potty and securing it to the newly-tiled floor. For this task, Dadda invited Zayde to come down and help. It was clear pretty early on that neither of them knew what they were doing. Taking the potty off was easy. Putting it back was hard.

Surprisingly, without too much trouble, they had the potty all back in place, bolted to the floor, tank on, flushing and full of water. That's when Dadda decided to tighten the bolts just a little bit more. And it was one turn too many when "CRACK!" the bottom of the tank shattered and water went everywhere. I was napping at the time, but I'm pretty sure I heard someone say a naughty word all the way from upstairs in my crib. They hurried to clean up the water with lots of towels. I should have loaned them some of my super absobent Pampers diapers.

I don't know why Dadda asked Zayde to come down to help. Dadda could have easily broken the potty all on his own. So with the potty shattered, and the splashed water everywhere, Dadda decided to do what he does best: He picked up the phone.

This morning a very nice man came with a brand new potty. He put it in and everything is working great. Dadda watched carefully to see the right way to put in a potty without breaking it. Personally, I'm not interested in learning how the potty works. I just want figure out how to use the darned thing.

~:O

1 Comments:

At 10:06 PM, Blogger daisyduke said...

Ohmy gosh!
You're such a big boy now! I haven't seen you since you were a teeny baby.
You paint!
and walk!
Potty training? it seems like yesterday you were leaving mommy and dada special treats...
where does the time go?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

free webpage counters