DIAPERLOGUE: the unremarkable adventures of a suburban prince and princess

Saturday, November 24, 2007

Thanking Gives

posted by Evan Jake at 4:50 PM

This weekend we took a trip to my Bubbe and Zayde's house. While I was sad not to see my Nana and Papa and all of my aunts, uncles and cousins on Momma's side, I got to see a way lot of Dadda's family.

I got to spend time with Bubbe and Zayde and also my great-grandmother, aka Mom-Mom-Mom. I like saying her name, "Mom-Mom-Mom," but sometimes I don't quite know when to stop. I also saw my uncle, who on occasion I still mistake for Dadda because they look so much alike. My aunt was there, too.

But then my great uncle showed up from Boston. And he came with my great aunt who I hadn't met before! Then I got to meet even more new people. Dadda's first cousin and his wife and two little girls. If I've got my geneology correct, that makes those girls my second cousins. It's a bit pejorative, if you ask me. Whatever you call them, we had a great time playing together.

That's me in the picture dancing with my second cousins. We danced around to music and then went oustide to play in the leaves. It was a great time.

I also got to meet my Dadda's other first cousin and her boyfriend. They were super nice. I didn't realize there were still so many people in my family I hadn't met yet. It makes me wonder how many more there are.

Well, I shouldn't forget to mention the big meal that Bubbe cooked for everyone. I think it was delicious. Not that I would know. By the time the turkey came out, I had begged my way out of my high chair and was crawling under the table sneaking smiles to anyone who would take notice between bites.

All in all, It was a great trip. Except for the last 45 minutes.

Driving home, I dozed off in the car. Had I eaten any turkey, I could blame the tryptophyan. Well, I woke up halfway home with this horrible pain in my ear and I just couldn't stop screaming. I know it must have been really hard for Dadda to drive with all my commotion, but it really hurt.

Dadda didn't even bother to drive us home. He just took us all straight to the doctor's clinic. As soon as Momma brought me into the waiting room, the nurses heard me yelling and came right out to treat me. They could tell just from the volume of my shrieking what was wrong with me. It was an ear infection!

The nice doctors gave me some eardrops and then I felt way better. Now I get some tasty medicine once a day to make my ear hurt go away.

So if I have anything to be thankful for, it's for walk-in clinics that stay open late on Thanksgiving night!

~:O

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

free webpage counters