DIAPERLOGUE: the unremarkable adventures of a suburban prince and princess

Sunday, October 21, 2007

Just Another Fall Weekend

posted by Evan Jake at 7:03 PM

This weekend wasn't terribly exciting in any one way. I mostly got to enjoy the beautiful weather with Momma and Dadda. Yesterday, Dadda and I spent a lot of time at the park across the street. I saw one of my old friends from my former daycare. He didn't seem to recognize me. And I wasn't so sure if I remembered him either. We stared at each other for a while, hoping our past friendship might rekindle itself. It didn't. Then I went home.

Today we went to the airport park again to see the airplanes land. I love watching the airplanes land. Although today we didn't get to see any. I wonder what happened to all the planes! It was a nice day, so I enjoyed running around the park anyway. Then we all went to a big mall to meet up with my baby friend, Sara Flynn. We ate lunch together. She spilled lots of water all over her mom and I ran around in crazy circles most of the time. It was a fun afternoon for all the grown-ups, for sure.

Sara Flynn had borrowed some of my old clothes and toys. So her mom and dad returned some of them today. It was cool seeing my old stuff again. Especially my "Bumbo" chair. I hadn't seen that thing in a lifetime. My Momma and Dadda got it for me when I was a few months old. I didn't really like it then. But when I saw it sitting on the dining room floor tonight, I couldn't help but try it out. I remembered pretty quickly why I hated that thing.

Back then I was too little to climb out of the "Bumbo." Now I'm too big to climb out. After sitting down, I quickly realized that my tushy was stuck. Dadda needed to provide Evan Jake an assist. But not before he got off a picture!

~:O

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

free webpage counters