DIAPERLOGUE: the unremarkable adventures of a suburban prince and princess

Saturday, August 18, 2007

Road Weary

posted by Evan Jake at 8:22 PM

I just finished up a week on the road with Momma and Dadda. It was both a delayed northeast promotional tour for my book, diaperlogue: the first year, as well as a chance to meet a whole bunch of new people, see family and show off my shiner.

Our first stop was in Hartford, Connecticut. I got to meet my Bubbe's first cousin (or my first cousin twice removed for those keeping score at home) and her husband. They have a beautiful new home without stairs. It made me a bit nostalgic for our old home-without-stairs. They cooked brunch for us. Since I don't usually eat much for breakfast and get fussy for lunch, I thought I would skip brunch and just watch cartoons. But Momma and Dadda seemed to enjoy their tasty eggs and bagels.

Then, from Hartford, we went up to Vermont. Dadda took me to meet some people at a music festival there. He went to a concert that night, while Momma stayed with me at the hotel and tried to get me to sleep. That wasn't fun for either of us.

Eventually, I got to sleep and the next day we got up and went shopping in some art galleries and antique shops. What were they thinking?! Somehow, Momma managed to keep my hands away from anything breakable.

Next we headed to Boston, Massachusets. There I got to meet my great-uncle "Meeguh" and we stayed at his house. I was bummed I didn't get to meet my great-aunt because she was also on the road, away from home. I really liked "Meeguh." And his house was a lot of fun. There was lots of stuff to grab and small places to crawl into. I also got to look for worms in the mulch pile. (There weren't any). That's me in the first picture looking for acorns in the back yard.

That same day went to my aunt and uncle's house and I got to play with all my cousins. I had an amazing time running around with all of my cousins and playing with all their toys. They know how to party. That's me in the far right of the second picture hanging out with all the cousins. Can you believe we all sat still long enough for a photo op?


After leaving Boston, we headed to the mountains in Pennsylvania. There I got to spend lots of time with my Bubbe and Zaide. It was a big beautiful house next to a lake. I got to go swimming, play at the park, go on walks and exhaust everyone around me. There were four adults in the house and just one baby, but they just didn't seem to be able to keep up with me. When I wasn't running around on the deck, throwing stones into the lake or circling the living room, I was able to catch up on a bit of e-mail. That's me in the picture updating my blog -- in case you didn't actually believe I blog myself.

So now I'm back home, watching Momma and Dadda catch up on a bit of housekeeping and do some work around the new house. It was a good trip, but I know we're all happy to be home.

~:O

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

free webpage counters