DIAPERLOGUE: the unremarkable adventures of a suburban prince and princess

Sunday, July 15, 2007

This Beats Puree

posted by Evan Jake at 6:18 PM

Momma and Dadda have been letting me try lots of new foods lately. But not just cauliflower and spinach. I've been given tastes of the good stuff, too.

That's me in the first picture eating a popsicle. It doesn't seem like much more than frozen sugar water, but I love it! I don't particularly like how it makes my face and hands all sticky. But I'll just wipe them on my shirt, or on Dadda's shirt if he's nearby, or on one of the kitty cats. It's a slightly unrewarding eating experience until the end. The best part is getting the stick to play with when I'm finished, or it's all melted -- whichever comes first.

Momma and Dadda also went out and bought a new grill for our new deck at our new house with stairs. We've been grilling out a lot now and Iove the burgers and chicken and steaks from the grill. But one night last week, we gave the grill a rest and ordered in some cheesesteaks from this little dive down the street.

That's me in the second picture devouring my very own cheesesteak. Okay, it was actually Dadda's cheesesteak. But as soon as I had one bite, I think he realized he wasn't getting it back from me without a fight. Maybe it's the Philly blood running through my genes, but I just couldn't get enough of that greasy goodness. Mmmmm...Philly cheesesteak!

~:O

1 Comments:

At 7:42 AM, Blogger Paula Rothman said...

Dear Evan,
Now you are really ready to go to your first Phillies game. They have pretty good cheese steaks in the Hall of Fame Club and you can run up down the hallway when you can't stand to watch the Phillies lose. Hey, at least the Phillies are the first in sports for something.
Love
Bubbie and Zaidey

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

free webpage counters