DIAPERLOGUE: the unremarkable adventures of a suburban prince and princess

Thursday, May 31, 2007

Officially a Toddler

posted by Evan Jake at 7:17 PM

If the walking and talking and grabbing things and throwing little trantrums wasn't enough of a clue, today I was officially designated a toddler. At daycare, I was finally moved out of the last baby room and in with all the other toddlers.

I don't really care for the nomenclature: "Toddler." It seems an unfitting and unflattering sobriquet. Perhaps my walking isn't always the most graceful, but heck, I've only been at this since November. So cut me some slack, okay?

The other big news is that the pool is open again. I love the pool. That's me in the picture in the pool with mom. (Settle down, ladies. Settle down.) Dad wouldn't come in with us. Something about not wanting to swim in luke warm water with babies that aren't potty trained. Wuss.

I had a great time at the pool. I had so much fun that I insisted on staying in the water until they kicked us out and said it was time to go home. I still kicked up quite a fuss and cried almost all the way home. Partly I was sad to leave the pool. And partly I was sitting in a soaking-wet diaper. I hope my antics don't discourage mom and dad from taking me again real soon. If they don't take me, I'll just throw a fit anyway, for good measure.

~:O

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

free webpage counters