DIAPERLOGUE: the unremarkable adventures of a suburban prince and princess

Thursday, May 17, 2007

Evan Jake in a Box

posted by Evan Jake at 8:12 PM

We're scheduled to move in about three weeks. So mom and dad are collecting boxes. Everything we own is getting tossed into boxes -- including me!

That's me in the picture testing out the boxes to make sure they are strong enough to hold my toys. I will not tolerate any breakage of my toys in the course of this move. If I had my way, I'd have my precious toys all wrapped individualy in that bubble stuff, placed in sturdy boxes and taken carefully one at time over to the new house. Forget writing "FRAGILE" all over those boxes of porcelain china and crystal!

I just hope that after mom and dad pack everything up, that they'll be able to find stuff I need again. Like my stacking cups.

It might be a while before they get all these boxes emptied at the new house. From the looks of it, it appears that some of these boxes haven't been opened since like way before I was born.

Well, let the countdown begin until we get into that new house with stairs! Meanwhile, if you wish to contribute to our box and bubble collection, you know where to find us. All packing materials will need to withstand the rigors of Evan Jake's quality inspections.

~:O

3 Comments:

At 9:21 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

To all the babies out there with friends to impress, it's easy to do, just follow these steps:

1: Cut a hole in a box
2: Stick your, uh, toys in that box
3: Make her open the box

And that's the way you do it.

 
At 6:04 PM, Blogger Evan Jake said...

How can you leave such a cool comment and not identify yourself?

 
At 10:29 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

These sequence has always bothered me:

+ A parent notices that the baby enjoys the packaging more than the toy.
+ The parent says something like, "Gee, our little guy sure likes the wrapping paper and the box, hehehe."
+ The parent then takes away the packaging and forces the kid to play with the stupid toy.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

free webpage counters