DIAPERLOGUE: the unremarkable adventures of a suburban prince and princess

Sunday, March 25, 2007

Male Bonding

posted by Evan Jake at 7:27 PM

This weekend mom was co-hosting a baby shower for a friend of ours. (I guess I'm getting a new baby friend to play with, which will be awesome. Hopefully he or she won't steal too much attention away from me.) Apparently I was not allowed at this baby shower, which seemed a bit ironic, since I myself am a baby. But I prefer to take baths anyway, so I didn't really mind.

Instead of going to the shower, dad took me out with all the guys. (They weren't allowed to go to the shower either.) Dad and the guys took me to an Irish pub for lunch. I like eating at restaurants because I always get a new set of crayons to draw with every time. I also got to eat my usual favorite, chicken fingers and fries. I did not, however, get to join the guys for a beer. I just had soy milk.

After listening to them talk about the NCAA tournament, women's softball uniforms and DC politics for over an hour, we went back to my fake uncle Jason's apartment (the one with the really big TV) and played video games. These guys all seemed a little bit old to be playing video games and they didn't offer to let me play. But at least they didn't all talk as much while they were playing -- although there was a good bit of yelling and shouting. Even though I wasn't allowed to play any of the video games I probably had just as much fun wandering around the apartment and taking my shoes and socks on and off over and over again.

I had tons of fun hanging with the boys. And I think dad's friends thought I was pretty cool, too, even though none of them have babies yet. I don't think dad had as much fun as he could have with his friends because he was so busy watching me every second to make sure I didn't swallow anything or hurt myself. I think he was terrified that if anything at all happened to me on his watch, that mom and I would leave him and have him put in daddy jail. That's why I promised dad I wouldn't tell about everything that happened when we were with the guys. Somethings are better left just between us males.

At the end of the day, I ended up having a great time. I didn't cry at all or harm myself in any way. Dad did a great job. He gets a gold star. I think the fact that I had so much fun without mom made her a little jealous. I wouldn't mind going on more outings with the guys. Maybe next time I can get to drink more than just my soy milk. Helmet baby need beer!

({:O

2 Comments:

At 7:07 AM, Blogger dl004d said...

How dare you say we didn't offer to let you play? I handed you the joystick and you didn't seem particularly interested!

 
At 8:39 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think that your food at the restaurant was your Dad's usual favorite. Like father....

Love, Nana

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

free webpage counters