DIAPERLOGUE: the unremarkable adventures of a suburban prince and princess

Wednesday, March 14, 2007

15 Months and Going

posted by Evan Jake at 7:53 PM

Today I notch another month into my cribpost. The weather is warm, the sun is out and the world is mine.

With the mild temperatures arriving, dad has been taking me on walks around the neighborhood everyday. But unlike the last time the weather was warm -- several months ago -- I don't take walks in my stroller anymore. Now when I go on walks with dad, I walk along side him or behind him, on in front of him, or running in a zig-zag pattern toward the street.

I love going on walks with dad. People on the sidewalks stop and smile and say how cute I am. I get to meet lots of doggies and get licked and slobbered on, too. I also like to collect pine cones. That's me in the picture pulling a pine cone off a branch. When I pick up lots of pine cones, my hands get sticky and sometimes my fingers get stuck together. Then I need an assist to pry them apart.

I like to walk over to my neighbor and say hello. Today she gave me crackers. Why did she give me crackers? Because I asked for them!

That's right, I'm realizing that this talking thing can actually be an effective way of getting what I want. When I say, "cracker" one magically appears in front of me! Normally, I've relied on my adorable cuteness to manipulate people into giving me everything. But now I can combine my cuteness with words and get exactly what I want when I want it.

My words are still a little jumbled and hard to understand. So I supplement my words with some sign language. Right now the signs for "food" and "more" are the only ones I find useful. Darned if those little signs don't actually work!

Well, if you need me, I'll be out cruising the neighborhood looking for pine cones and crackers. Helmet baby need more crackers!

({:O

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

free webpage counters