DIAPERLOGUE: the unremarkable adventures of a suburban prince and princess

Wednesday, March 07, 2007

STAIRS!

posted by Evan Jake at 8:08 PM

Tonight a nice man came over with lots and lots of paperwork for mom and dad to sign. It was many, many pages long and had lots of fine print. Dad made a joke that he was probably signing away his first-born child. I didn't think it was very funny. I got my crayons out in case they needed my "Evan Jake" anywhere. But they didn't. Only mom and dad could sign these papers because it was a contract -- a contract to buy a new house with stairs!

Clearly dad didn't win that record MegaMillions jackpot, because it's only a townhouse and not a real house. I wonder why its called a "townhouse" when it's neither located in "town" nor is it a "house." That would be like calling my dirty diapers "fresh pants."

We first visited the house over the weekend. It's very nice inside and just up the street from where we live now. It has lots and lots of stairs. Three floors worth! (Did I mention the stairs?) It also has a big deck out back -- dad better learn how to grill. I picked out my new bedroom already. It's a big room with a high cathedral ceiling, a sun-lit bathroom with a deep soaking tub and a gorgeous view out over wooded hills. There are two other bedrooms upstairs, but those are both smaller than my room now. There's no way I'm downgrading. Mom and dad can fight over which of them get the smaller rooms.

There are also four different bathrooms in the house. That's a lot of bathrooms considering that between me, mom, dad and the two cats, only two of us actually know how to use the bathroom -- and come to think of it, I'm not so sure about dad.

On the lower level, there is a big basement and an extra bedroom for when any of you want to come for a sleepover. I think I'll spend a lot of time down there playing. Dad said he'd like to spend lots of time down there, too, because he won't be able to hear my crying as much. That doesn't bode well.

The main level has a nice sunny kitchen, just in case anyone ever feels inclined to use it. There is also a nice big dining room and living room for me to destroy.

Mom and dad will move us into the new house in June. In the meantime, they have to sell our current place. Yeah, I wonder who in their right mind will want to buy a place without any stairs -- but if you know of anyone who does, mom and dad encourage you to have them call their realtor right away!

In order to sell this place, mom and dad are going to have to clean it up, a lot! And they're going to have to keep it clean until it sells. Good luck with that. I'll do my best not to imbed half-chewed animal crackers into the rug, but I can't make any promises. Actually, I think this place will show quite nicely with all my day-glo plastic toys everywhere.

So wish us all good luck in selling this place. I'm looking forward to moving into our new "townhouse." But now that I think of it, Helmet baby need a real house!

({:O

4 Comments:

At 11:46 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dear Evan Jake,

Older folks like your grandparents just love homes with no stairs. When it goes on the market, I'm sure lots of people in our age group will be fighting over your home. It is so pretty and all the rooms are very large. Too bad I don't have any customers.
Love,
Bubbie

 
At 1:26 PM, Blogger Jammer said...

Congrats. Use it in the best of health!

 
At 1:07 AM, Blogger Jamie said...

Congrats on the new place! And stairs!
Hope you find some buyers soon and the transaction is nice and smooth.

 
At 11:37 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congratulations to the whole family! Can't wait to see you all again.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

free webpage counters