DIAPERLOGUE: the unremarkable adventures of a suburban prince and princess

Sunday, January 21, 2007

Do They Come Pre-Bronzed?

posted by Evan Jake at 6:57 PM

For several months now, I've been wearing these nice soft leather slippers for my feet. They're called Robeez. My Robeez provided ample protection for the bottoms of my precious little feet, while still giving me flexibility and comfort. But now that I'm walking (and running) mom and dad thought it was time for me to wear something more substantial on my tootsies.

This weekend, mom and dad took me to the shoe store at the mall. I like shopping at the shoe store. I get that from mom. I got my foot measured -- I'm a 4 1/2 -- and got to try on my very first pair of real shoes.

Putting those shoes on the for the very first time was really weird. It was like wearing helmets on my feet! At first I had a little trouble walking. I felt like I had to lift my legs up really high to walk. They were just so clunky compared to my light and comfy Robeez. I fell a few times. Good thing I've got my head helmet.

Those are my new shoes in the picture. I like them and think they're some pretty cool kicks. Now I just a need them in a few more colors to go with all my different outfits. That probably won't happen, because I heard dad complaining about how my shoes costed almost as much as his do. He says there are probably cheaper shoes that would be just as good.

What he doesn't understand is that I really need these shoes. People look at me and say how adorable I am all the time. What do you think makes me so cute? Is it the shoes? Is it the shoes? Helmet baby say, "It's gotta be the shoes!"

({:O

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

free webpage counters