DIAPERLOGUE: the unremarkable adventures of a suburban prince and princess

Sunday, December 31, 2006

Happy, Tooth, Ows, and Seven!

posted by Evan Jake at 7:47 PM

Last year, at this same time, I made some resolutions for 2006. It turned out to be a pretty good year for me. (See before and after photo at right.1) I went from barely being able to move, to rolling over, to walking all over the place. A year ago, the only way I could communicate was by crying. I still cry a lot, but now I can throw in a few words as well if I'm trying to be extra manipulative. Instead of sleeping just 3 to 4 hours at a time, I'm logging a good 11 or 12 hours straight through the night. I graduated from mom's milk to formula, to real table food. And with that changing diet, I nearly tripled my body weight!

So even though I just turned one, I'm now entering my third tax year. (Dad's accountant loves that joke.) I'm betting 2007 will be a big year for me. Here are some of my goals:

  • Baby babble is cute, but being able to string a full sentence together would be pretty cool.
  • I'd also like to learn to use some of that sign language. I've been watching the video for a few months now, but I just haven't gotten my hands to do the talking yet.
  • Gain about six pounds and grow about three inches -- while working out and watching my diet of course.
  • I've got the hang of this walking thing now, and I'd like to pick up the pace. Maybe running would be fun.
  • Get my noggin a little rounder (with or without a helmet).
  • Convince mom and dad to buy me a bigger house with stairs.
  • Not meet Cal Ripken, Jr. again.
  • It might not be possible to get any cuter, but I'll give it the Evan Jake try.
  • Go on David Letterman as a baby genius. (My special skill will be my ability to spell all the states of the former Soviet Union and their capitals.)
  • Sell lots and lots of copies of my book, diaperlogue: the first year, now available in paperback. Hey, a baby's gotta eat.

Happy 2007!

~:O

4 Comments:

At 8:46 PM, Blogger Evan Jake said...

I don't still use that infant car seat, because I'm too tall, too heavy and too old for it. Mom strapped me in for demonstrative purposes. If she hadn't strapped me in, I certainly wouldn't have sat still long enough for dad to take this picture. I just hope they don't try to do this to me again next year.

 
At 12:16 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Does the book have all your photos in it, or is it just text? I don't know about you, but I don't like reading books without pictures.

 
At 2:48 PM, Blogger Josh said...

Straight to paperback? I don't know about this.

 
At 8:19 PM, Blogger Evan Jake said...

diaperlogue: the first year does indeed include all the pictures you see online. They are, however, in black and white -- not color.

Of course my book would have pictures. I only read books with pictures, too. I also read books with pages made from cardboard. These pages are not cardboard. At over 200 pages, that would make for a very heavy book.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

free webpage counters