DIAPERLOGUE: the unremarkable adventures of a suburban prince and princess

Saturday, December 23, 2006

A Cut Above

posted by Evan Jake at 7:47 PM

Just over a year ago, I was born with beautiful dark, curly locks. My hair was especially long in the back, even at birth. Mom and Dee-Dah used to refer to it as a "baby mullet," whatever that means.

Within a couple months, my hair started falling out in chunks. Soon thereafter, I was nearly bald. Left to start all over again, I spent months growing all new hair. This new hair was lighter in color. (I like to think of it as "autumn chestnut.") And it wasn't nearly as curly. Again, the hair grew quickly down the back of my neck into a new "baby mullet."

Today, mom and Dee-Dah thought it was time to get me my first trim. So they took me to a baby salon to get a little off the top -- actually the back. I guess Dee-Dah was too cheap to spring for the baby pampering package that included a hot stone massage, manicure, pedicure and highlights. Instead he opted for the standard "kids cut." How boring.

That's me in the first picture wearing an extra large bib. Mom is holding me, because I couldn't sit still in the seat by myself. Well, what do you expect? Some strange lady was touching my head and coming at me with scissors! It was a little freaky.

The whole thing only took a few minutes. Hey, I don't have that much hair. After several snips and a buzzer thingy that tickled my neck, I was all cleaned up. That's my head in the second photo, sans "baby mullet." Notice my ears stick out even further now. I get that from Dee-Dah.

The lady that cut my hair was very nice. She put in a video for me to watch, not that I was interested in watching TV with all the metal blades flying around. She kept saying how cute I was over and over. I hope Dee-Dah left her a nice tip -- especially since he stole something from the floor of the salon that didn't belong to him.

Yeah, Dee-Dah grabbed a little sampling of my hair and saved it. I thought it was a little creepy. Hey, Dee-Dah, I have some nail clippings and a waxy Q-Tip you can keep. Are you going to save those, too?

~:O

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

free webpage counters