DIAPERLOGUE: the unremarkable adventures of a suburban prince and princess

Sunday, January 01, 2006

Happy New Year?

posted by Evan Jake at 12:01 AM

What's all this about a new year? I'm only 2 1/2 weeks old! I mean, I can't believe it's 2006 already. This year just flew by!

Twenty-aught-five was a pretty big year for me: I was conceived; I gestated for over nine months; I got born; and I didn't meet Cal Ripken, Jr. It's pretty hard to top that. But I'll do my best in 2006. So here goes...my goals and resolutions for the coming year!

  • Hold my head up all by myself: Quite a feat when you consider how big my head is compared to my body, you know.
  • Learn to smile on my own and not have people think it's just gas: Not to imply I won't continue to be a very gassy baby.
  • Say my first word, "Hammersla": There's money in this for me...don't ask.
  • Roll over, stand up and take a few wobbly steps on my own: Those steps will be toward the door, I guarantee it.
  • Eat solid food: Although I heard mom and dad bemoaning how there won't be any more nice steak for dinner. I wonder what that's all about.
  • Meet Cal Ripken, Jr.: For real this time, dad!
  • Stay awake for more than 10 seconds on a car ride: I love car rides!
  • Sleep through the night: What's a baby got to do to get a decent night of sleep around here?!
  • Get potty trained: Parents can dream, right?
  • Mess myself no more than once a day: A baby can dream, right?
  • Start an exercise program: And stick with it this time!

and of course...

  • Gain triple my body weight: How many people get to make that New Year's resolution?!

Happy 2006!

~:O

1 Comments:

At 10:13 PM, Blogger Michele said...

Just passing through.

Your blog is SO CUTE!!

Congrats on "being born" and I hope 2006 is wonderful for you and your parents!!! *grin*

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

free webpage counters