DIAPERLOGUE: the unremarkable adventures of a suburban prince and princess

Friday, February 09, 2007

That Smell

posted by Evan Jake at 7:45 PM

What's that smell? Can't you smell that smell?

For several weeks now, there has been a strange scent following me around. Everywhere I go, I can detect a faint redolence which I cannot fully describe. It's a fetid miasma of enigmatic origin that is both slightly disorienting and mildly acrid. Simply put, it's just plain smelly!

I know it's not my diaper. That has its very own unique bouquet -- depending on what I've eaten. And when my dirties get changed, that smell goes away. No, this fetor hangs heavy around my aura. If I were a cartoon character, wafting lines would emanate from my person. (Think Pepe le Pew or Pigpen.)

Finally, I realized what the odor is: it's my helmet.

It's now been a month since I got helmety. Over the last 30 days, that plastic and foam cap is starting to work up a bit of a funk. During the first week I had helmety, my head would get really wet and sweaty. That's not so much the case anymore. I still perspire a little under there. So when I get my helmet off, I like to itch my head and swirl my hair around. But that's when the fetor gets particularly rancorous.

I usually get a couple hours without the helmet per day. I'll get a bath and helmety gets washed and dried, too. I like my helmet-free time. That's me in the picture rolling around on the floor fluffing my hair on the carpet. I do have to remember that without my helmet I need to be a little more careful not to injur my globe.

I have an appointment next week to find out if my helmet is doing any good or not. Needless to say, I'm hopeful it's working. Helmet baby need round head!

({:O

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

free webpage counters