DIAPERLOGUE: the unremarkable adventures of a suburban prince and princess

Monday, January 29, 2007

Happy Birthday, Mom!

posted by Evan Jake at 6:33 PM

This weekend mom and dad did more shopping for a "biggie van" and this time they took me along. I think the main reason they brought me was so that the car salesman would feel sorry for me in my helmet and give mom and dad a better price on the car. Okay, maybe mom and dad were exploiting me, but I didn't care. I got to ride in a brand new car.

Mom took my car chair, put it into the demo and took me for a test drive to get my opinion. I didn't like it at first. It was strange and I started to cry. I didn't have my little mirror to look into. And none of my toys came with me. So I was feeling fussy. But then I heard mom asking about getting a TV installed in the car. A TV player in the car?! That is so pimped out. I settled down after that.

So today, being mom's birthday and all, dad took her to the car store to close the deal. It was her birthday present. But actually it was more of a present for me. Because without me, I'm sure mom would be driving a sweet little convertible with no back seat. I think I would like a convertible and the feeling of the wind blowing through my helmet. But then where would my stroller, diaper bag, toy bin and DVD player go? A "biggie van" is totally the way to go.

The new van is called a "Sienna" even though it's really greyish-blue. According to Toyota Motor Coporation, the color is actually called "slate metallic." Whatever you call it, it's certainly not "sienna." The color "sienna" is defined as "yellowish-brown" or "reddish-brown." There's only one thing I know of that meets that color description. And I'm sitting in it right now. Little help, please!

Mom picked me up from daycare in her new car. I'm glad to know that while I'm in daycare she's hard at work spending money. I didn't even get to come along to help pick out the color. Mom did mention that they are getting a TV installed for me. But then I realized that I face backwards in my car seat. So I won't even be able to see the TV. What's the point of that? Maybe I'll be able to watch in my mirror.

TV or no TV, I'm looking forward to riding around in my new "biggie van." That's me in the picture reaching for the door so I can go for a ride. Helmet baby love car rides!

({:O

1 Comments:

At 11:59 PM, Blogger Jamie said...

Happy Birthday EJ's mama! Wow, a Toyota Sienna, I have heard those are really nice. Hope you guys enjoy it.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

free webpage counters