DIAPERLOGUE: the unremarkable adventures of a suburban prince and princess

Sunday, February 04, 2007

I'm Open!

posted by Evan Jake at 10:03 PM

Today I went with mom and dad to a Super Bowl party at my fake Uncle Jason's house. His house doesn't have any stairs either. (Or many walls, for that matter.) What he does have in his house is a huge high definition television. Oh, I can only imagine what my Baby Einstein videos would look like on that thing. Too bad I didn't get to find out, because everyone was watching some crazy football game. Personally, I would have preferred to watch Puppy Bowl III on Animal Planet with the play-by-play of Harry "the K" Kalas.

I guess the point of the party was to watch the Super Bowl. But it looked to me like there were more commercials than football. When the game was being shown, everyone in the room would scream and stomp up and down. I just tried to stay out of the way. (I was almost almost successful, until a big guy named Eric tried to trample me to death. I guess I should've known not to block his way to the pizza table.)

Before the big game, everyone was outside playing their own football game. We got to play on a big field made of fake grass. I loved running around on the fake grass. I think mom and dad should get some for our house. I think it would look great in the living room -- under a giant HD-TV.

It was cold outside, but that didn't seem to stop everyone from running around and dropping perfectly-thrown passes. After watching dad bobble a couple of tailor-made touchdown throws, I rushed onto the field to get some game time. Afterall, I had my helmet on and my new sneakers. I was game ready. But mom kept grabbing me and taking me back to the sidelines.

Thanks to fake Uncle Jason for a great party and for letting me run all around his house with food and crayons in my hands. Maybe next year I'll get to play in the pre-Super Bowl football game with the big boys. I could be dad's secret weapon. I could run a deep route, distract my defender with my adorable cuteness and then cut to the inside, leaving myself wide open for a touchdown. Helmet baby's open!

({:O

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

free webpage counters