DIAPERLOGUE: the unremarkable adventures of a suburban prince and princess

Sunday, February 18, 2007

Biggie Road Trip

posted by Evan Jake at 5:24 PM

On Saturday, I got to go on a road trip to visit dad's family. I saw my aunt and uncle, their two awesome cats, my bubbe and pop-pop and my great-grandmother (aka mom-mom-mom).

I hadn't seen my mom-mom since she wrote me this really cool letter and mailed it to me. I forgot to thank her for it -- but even if I had remembered, I can't talk anyway. So, mom-mom-mom, if you're reading this: thank you for the letter. It's the first real letter I ever received. And it was so nicely written with very pretty handwriting. I can't read, so dad read it to me. Dad said letter writing like that is a lost art. Instead, he says people today only write passive-agressive e-mails to one another. I don't write letters or e-mails. Personally, I like to take crayons and bang them on a piece of paper, then crumple the paper, then rip the paper, then throw the pieces of paper on the floor. I think that's a lost art, too.

I think the only real reason we went to visit dad's family was to take the biggie van out on the open road. I love having all that space in the biggie van for my car chair and all my stuff. We had enough room for a lot more toys than they chose to bring along. I guess they were hoping they'd be coming back with more toys than we left with, if you catch my drift. No such luck. The car was just as empty on the ride back.

The ride is so smooth and quiet, I slept the whole way in both directions. Mom and dad seemed to have planned the driving around my naptime and bedtime. How am I supposed to watch my DVD player if I'm always sleeping?

The best part of the visit was getting to climb all those stairs. In case I haven't mentioned it before, our house doesn't have any stairs. So I love going to other people's houses that have stairs. At my aunt and uncle's house, they have lots and lots of stairs. By the end of the day, I had gotten really good at both going up and down stairs. Sure, it was nice to see everyone, but the stairs made the whole trip worthwhile.

Someone asked me yesterday what my favorite toy is. The answer is: my toothbrush. That's me in the picture with my toothbrush. Hey, dental hygiene is important. So where's the floss? Helmet baby need floss!

({:O

1 Comments:

At 5:59 PM, Blogger Jamie said...

I agree that letter writing is a lost art.
In fact, Avery and I contemplated sending you a Valentine this year, but figured you would be overloaded with them. Ladies love a man in armor.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

free webpage counters