DIAPERLOGUE: the unremarkable adventures of a suburban prince and princess

Thursday, August 09, 2007

The Shiner

posted by Evan Jake at 7:13 PM


When I woke up this morning, my face felt unusually puffy. As I caught a glimpse of myself in the mirror, I couldn't help but notice the numerous colors under my eye where I had fallen yesterday. Momma said it's called a "black eye." But really, it's more like a "red-blue-purple-yellow eye." Now when people see me, they have to make comments like:

- "Aww, that poor little face!"
- "What did your parents do to you?!"
- "Nice shiner, kid."
- "Hey, Evan Jake, chicks dig scars."
- "Man, I'd hate to see the other guy."

Hopefully it will clear up soon. Besides, it doesn't really look that bad, right? You'd tell me if it looked really awful, wouldn't you? Yeah, that's what I thought.

~:O

2 Comments:

At 9:11 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dear Evan,
Tell Mama and Dadda to get you some cool sunshades. The chicks will love them too.
Love,
Bubbie

 
At 11:01 AM, Blogger Jamie said...

Oh man, that's reminiscent of Avery's shiner on Easter.

It's heartbreaking, believe me, I know.

And I will go with, "Man, I'd hate to see the other guy."

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

free webpage counters