DIAPERLOGUE: the unremarkable adventures of a suburban prince and princess

Wednesday, August 08, 2007

Pavement 1, Evan Jake 0

posted by Evan Jake at 3:37 PM

When Dadda says not to run on the pavement, I guess I should listen.

Tonight, Dadda took me to the park. I was so excited when I got out of the car, that I immediately started running toward the jungle gym. Somewhere after the first couple steps I seemed to lose my footing. Luckily, my face managed to break my fall.

I admit it. I cried a little. I screamed a little. Dad put me right back in the car and took me home to Momma.

Momma heard all about how I tripped on pavement and hit my face. At least that was Dadda's story. And he's sticking to it.

~:O

2 Comments:

At 12:46 AM, Blogger Amanady said...

That's some funny stuff in here.

 
At 1:04 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dear Evan,
Oh, that poor little face. Ask your Dada if he remembers when his face met the pavement at day camp. He appeared at the front door with a big grin on his face, proudly showing the scars of his face first slide on the asphalt ball field. I'm glad I missed his screaming which I'm sure was louder than yours. That is the reason we now have grass ball fields
Love,
Bubbie

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

free webpage counters