DIAPERLOGUE: the unremarkable adventures of a suburban prince and princess

Sunday, September 30, 2007

Good Luck Charm

posted by Evan Jake at 8:37 PM

Today I helped Dadda root for the Phillies, even though the first six innings coincided with my nap time. Dadda sure wasn't taking a nap during the game. He was in front of the TV all afternoon sweating and angonizing over every single pitch. The Phillies hadn't been to the playoffs for a really, really, really long time. So he seemed particularly nervous even though we don't live in Philadelphia. What's that all about?

The Phillies ended up winning the game and are the NL East Champions. Dadda was euphoric. I don't think I'd seen him that happy since the day I was born. (In fact, I'm not so sure he was as giddy that day as he was after the final out of this game.)

Dadda got lots of calls of congratulations from friends and family. Again, I don't think Dadda had this many phone calls since the day I was born. And like the day I was born, Dadda really just spent the entire day sitting back and watching. So why are people congratulating him? He didn't do anything!

Now that the Phils are in the post-season, it means at least another week or so of Dadda neglecting me and mom -- yelling at the TV instead of playing with me.

That's me in the picture with Dadda. He had his old-school Mike Schmidt t-shirt on, while I had on my Ryan Howard gear. Dadda explained that Schmidt and Howard represent the last two MVPs for the Phils. Hey, I know what you're thinking. Now that Jimmy Rollins looks like a good bet for this year's MVP, we may need another person to wear the third t-shirt. Don't get any funny ideas.

~:O

1 Comments:

At 3:11 PM, Blogger Josh said...

Has Dad taught you how to "boo" yet?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

free webpage counters