DIAPERLOGUE: the unremarkable adventures of a suburban prince and princess

Tuesday, September 04, 2007

RIP Sippy Cup

posted by Evan Jake at 9:35 PM

The Labor Day weekend gave us some extra time to take a road trip to see my Nana and Papa in Virginia. Also at the house visiting were my Aunt and Uncle and three of my cousins!

There was a new cousin there that I hadn't met before. It's because he was just born. His name is Jacob (just like my middle name). He's cute and all -- that's a picture of him -- but I can't ever remember being that small. Good luck, Jacob, you've got a long road ahead of you, kid.

Meanwhile, I had a great time hanging out with my other two cousins, Hannah and Maddi. We had so much fun running around Nana and Papa's beautiful house. The first day there, we were so busy, I didn't even get to take my nap. But I didin't mind because I got to play an impromptu recital for six-hand piano. That's me in the second picture playing the piano with Hannah and Maddi.

Later that same day Hannah and I got to go back to that amazing zoo where I got to see giraffes and lots and lots of monkeys! It was really hot at the zoo. So Momma stopped to give me a drink from my sippy cup. This is where the greatest tragedy occured. In taking a drink next to the monkey park, I leaned up against the fence to enjoy my sippy cup. Then next thing I knew...splash! Sippy was in the water. I hope the monkeys enjoy sippy. Can monkeys even drink from a sippy cup?

Hannah and I had a great time at the zoo despite the sippy tragedy. Hannah, who is definitely my new best friend, felt the need to tell everyone about sippy falling in the water over and over. Okay, don't rub it in!

Then on Sunday, there was a big picnic with a lot of friends and family. I got to eat corn. I love corn.

At the end of the visit, I was so tired from all the excitement I fell right to sleep in the car. And I slept the entire way home! But I had a great time and can't wait to go back again soon! Next time I'll bring a back-up sippy cup.

~:O

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

free webpage counters