DIAPERLOGUE: the unremarkable adventures of a suburban prince and princess

Sunday, October 07, 2007

Six Months Out of Every Year

posted by Evan Jake at 7:44 PM

Sometime in the wee hours of the morning this weekend, Dadda's favorite baseball team got eliminated from the playoffs. I know Dadda was really excited to see the Philadelphia Phillies make the post-season for the first time in fourteen years, so I didn't mind so much that he was neglecting me this last couple weeks. It made the last six months of neglect during the baseball season seem almost worth it.

But now that the Phillies are no longer playing in the playoffs -- and by my rudimentary calculations, won't be expected to play in the post-season again until I'm old enough to tell Dadda what a terrible father he's been and then get in the car and drive away legally -- Dadda now can focus on all those things he's ignored since April.

That's me in the picture in my "big boy room," sitting on my "big boy bed." Momma has been working hard to get my "big boy room" ready since the day we moved in back in June. She painted. Made pretty curtains. Got me this cool quilt with lots of animals on it. And has been coming up with all kinds of neat ideas for my Safari Room!

I don't know if I'm quite ready to leave the cozy confines of my crib just yet. This "big boy bed" thing looks a little scary, even though it's pretty close to the ground. I guess Momma wanted to have my "big boy bed" ready in case I had found a way to climb out of the crib on my own. (I'm still working on getting the right kind of leverage to vault myself out.)

That's me in the second picture playing in this cool igloo tent Momma got for me. I like to hide in there. I got Dadda to climb in with me this morning. He said that's the closest he'd ever come to taking me camping. In Dadda's book, camping is going to a hotel that doesn't have turndown service and a phone in the john.

The rest of my "big boy room" is still pretty barren. It's mainly just a napping room for the kitty cats at the moment. But maybe now Dadda will get off his tushy and put a little more work into finishing it off. Then he'll have to get to work on doing something with my old room. I assume they'll be hanging little velvet ropes in front of the door and leaving it to be appreciated by posterity, right?

~:O

n.b. Special thanks to my friends Marnie and Christine for lending a helping hand to my Safari Room! So far, they've done more work on the place than Dadda.

1 Comments:

At 1:53 AM, Blogger Jamie said...

He looks so tiny on the bed! Adorable quilt by the way..

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

free webpage counters