DIAPERLOGUE: the unremarkable adventures of a suburban prince and princess

Monday, February 11, 2008

Evan Jake: The Sequel

posted by Evan Jake at 7:24 PM

Mommy had some more pictures taken of her belly this week and the doctor saw a baby girl in there. I'm going to have a sister! That's good news for me because this means that I get to be a big brother. I definitely didn't want to be a big sister. That would have been awkward.

That's my sister in the picture chilling in the womb. Ah, those were the days. I wish I could tell her to make the most of it while she's there. Because once you're out, you're out.

Knowing that there's a little girl on the way, I have this fear that my toy bins are about to be invaded by baby dolls and pink fairy wands. Gross. And my old nursery is about to get the sugar-and-spice treatment. Luckily, I've got my cool big boy room as a safari oasis.

I hear there are some advantages to having a kid sister. Like when we get older, she can help me dress cool and give me advice on girls. But until then, I'm dreading those dance recitals and tea parties. If I'm lucky, maybe she'll be one of those girls that likes to play baseball -- just so long as she isn't better than me.

~:O

1 Comments:

At 3:23 AM, Blogger Jamie said...

Hooray for a little sister! She looks just beautiful :)

So happy for you guys.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

free webpage counters