DIAPERLOGUE: the unremarkable adventures of a suburban prince and princess

Saturday, February 16, 2008

Evan Jake Goes Viral

posted by Evan Jake at 9:18 PM

Following a prominent posting on the popular consumer advocacy blog The Consumerist on Friday, 14,000 people have suddenly chosen to spend two minutes of their lives watching me impersonate my Daddy talking on the phone to the cable company. (UPDATE: My video now exceeds 27,000 viewings, putting me in the same league as videos of dogs barking at images of Mary Hart on TV.)

I posted this video four months ago, but only now is its true genius being appreciated by the masses. Well...appreciated by some, anyway. There were many comments left at consumerist.com about my video. There were basically two variations of the messages left behind:

    A. That baby is so cute. I am laughing so hard I swallowed my dental work.
    B. That baby is so cute. But I hate cute babies and I am a jerk.

But one comment stood out as particularly indicative of an individual completely lacking in the humor region of the brain:

"Well, as I work for a cable company, I can tell you why they always ask for a number. Verification. We're told to verify EVERYTHING. People change numbers. People call from work. Sometimes the caller ID just doesn't work, and shows a 0 for the number. I'd say ours works properly about 60-70% of the time. And that was adorable."

-- ATTACKGYPSY

At least this person knows "adorable" when they see it -- even if he/she can't find any humor in the annoying habit the cable company has in asking you for your phone number every two minutes, even after you've been required to enter it manually "using your touch-tone phone." I digress.

I also must note that obviously one of my great aunts is to thank for my newly-discovered fame. This narrows the possible suspects to just a handful of people. But if the real great aunt would please stand up, I can properly thank you publicly for your contribution to society.

In case you missed this wonderful video of me, or simply wanted to watch it again, please click below for your viewing pleasure:



~:O

1 Comments:

At 3:31 PM, Blogger RetroB said...

too cute!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

free webpage counters