DIAPERLOGUE: the unremarkable adventures of a suburban prince and princess

Saturday, March 22, 2008

Rasch, Rasch, Raise the Roof!

posted by Evan Jake at 4:36 PM

On Friday we celebrated Purim at my day care school. All of us kids were made to dress up and march around the building holding onto a rope. I dunno, kids in awkwardly fitting costumes, running around, tugging on a tangled rope -- it all didn't seem very safe. But I came out unscathed. Daddy even showed up at my school for once, but only to take some embarrassing photos of me.

That's me in the picture in the monkey costume. Some of you may recognize this monkey costume as the one I reluctantly donned for Halloween. I was equally resistant to wearing the costume again for Purim. At least on halloween I got to eat lots and lots of candy. For Purim, all we got were these triangle-shaped cookies called Hamantaschen. Some had cherry filling and some had chocolate chips in the middle. But none of them had chewy nougat or caramel inside like that yummy Halloween candy. Heck, Easter candy is better than these things. That's me in the second picture trying to convince Mommy to take one of those Hamantaschen off my hands. C'mon Mommy, all the other kids are doin' it!

After the Purim parade, we all sat around and sang songs. And they handed out noisemakers -- or "groggers" as they're known in Hebrew. Only they ran out of "groggers" and I didn't get one. I'm usually a pretty good noisemaker all on my own, but I would have liked a little extra help to really join into the din of Purim. Instead I got some stupid bells to shake. Whoopie doo.

I guess as far as all the holidays go, Purim isn't so bad. It certainly made a regular Friday a little more fun. And it got Daddy off his tushy to come down and spend some time with us.

So until next year:

Hava nar'isha rasch, rasch, rasch!
Raise the roof and make some noise!

~:O

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

free webpage counters