DIAPERLOGUE: the unremarkable adventures of a suburban prince and princess

Sunday, May 18, 2008

Spring Showers

posted by Evan Jake at 10:01 PM

The weekend started with Mommy and Daddy taking me for a haircut. It had been a while since I'd had a trim. The fact that I hadn't been in a while probably had something to do with the fact that I have kicked up a fuss during past visits to the barber and refused to sit still at all. This time was different.

When I got in the chair, I let the barber lady put the big backwards cape on me. It was blue and had a puppy dog on it. I thought that was pretty cool. Then I sat really, really still the entire time while I got my hairdo trimmed. I realized that the more I squirm, the harder it is to get a perfect cut. Because I really need to look my absolute best and cutest all the time, I decided to give in and give the nice lady with sharp scissors a fighting chance. The new coif came out pretty good, I must say.

After my haircut, we all got in the car and drove to my Bubbe and Zayde's house. I guess Mommy and Daddy really wanted to show off my haircut to everyone. Did I mention how cute it looked?

While we were at my Bubbe and Zayde's there just so happened to be a big party for my aunt and uncle. It was a baby shower because I'm going to have a new cousin soon. There were lots of presents. But the strange thing was, the presents weren't for me (they usually always are). And the fussing wasn't all over me (it almost always is). The presents and the doting were all for my aunt and my future cousin.

Okay, there were a couple presents set aside that weren't for my future cousin. They were for my future sister! Uh, excuse me. I'm not really happy with this new arrangement. This is cruel and unusual treatment. Someone please help me!!

~:O

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

free webpage counters