DIAPERLOGUE: the unremarkable adventures of a suburban prince and princess

Monday, April 28, 2008

Gearing Up

posted by Evan Jake at 10:11 PM

Spring has definitely arrived. In fact, it feels like summer arrived at the same time, too.

The weather has gotten warm. Which means wearing shorts, t-shirts and sandals and running around at the park. It also means my favorite foods are back -- namely corn on the cob and ice cream. That's me in the picture eating corn on the cob.

It's also been the season of birthdays. My Bubbie, Nana, Pappa and Daddy all had birthdays in the past couple weeks. That meant Mommy had to buy lots of cards and stamps. I signed all the card personally, which is more than Daddy can say.

And as the weather gets warmer, I can't help but notice Mommy getting bigger and more uncomfortable. As her belly gets larger, I get this ominous feeling that something serious is about to happen. My sister's arrival is getting closer by the day. So I'm planning to spend what's left of this spring living it up, only-child style. Getting all the corn and ice cream I can get my sticky fingers on! I wonder, will my sister like corn? If she does, she better get her own-doggone cob.

~:O

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

free webpage counters