DIAPERLOGUE: the unremarkable adventures of a suburban prince and princess

Monday, April 07, 2008

Deja Toys

posted by Evan Jake at 9:12 PM

This weekend my friend Baby Sara came to visit. We had a great time hanging out. But mostly, I was fired up because Sara brought me some of these really cool toys. They all looked strangely familiar -- like I had played with them in a previous life. She brought a kickin' baby swing and an awesome activity mat. Mommy says that they are baby toys and that I'm too big for them now. But I don't care. I'm loving these toys.

Daddy explained that the toys originally belonged to me and that baby Sara had been borrowing them - now she was bringing them back. I had zero recollection of these toys. And my toy IQ is pretty high. So Daddy went and found this old picture of me playing with the activity mat when I was just a few weeks old to jog my toddler memory. Whatever, Daddy. I don't even recognize that little runt. Are you sure that's me?

I love to play with the swing, too. I don't care that I'm just a tad too big for it. Mommy says it's ironic since I hated the swing when I was little and she couldn't get me to stay in it for more than a minute without screaming. I must have been screaming for joy because this swing is totally tricked out. All those flashing lights and music -- it's totally rad. I can't get enough!

Anyway, Mommy told me not to get too attached to the toys because soon my baby sister would be playing with them. Say what now? Doesn't she get all her own toys? Is she really going to move in on my toy turf? I don't think so. We're going to have a problem.

~:O

1 Comments:

At 10:15 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dear Evan,
If you don't want your baby sister to play with your stuff, you need to buy her some gifts. Then she will have her own toys to play with and she will think they are special because they came from her big bro. It will make you feel special too.
Love,
Bubbie

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

free webpage counters