DIAPERLOGUE: the unremarkable adventures of a suburban prince and princess

Saturday, February 04, 2006

I'm a Believer

posted by Evan Jake at 11:45 PM

I haven't been to many grocery stores. After all, I'm only seven weeks old. But today I went to the greatest grocery store I have ever seen. Now I'm a convert for life.

The store was called Wegmans.

It was glorious. When we went inside, I was totally amazed -- although I probably appeared more groggy than excited after the car ride (I love car rides). First mom and dad ate lunch at this wonderful little cafe. Then they put me atop one of their roomy shopping carts and made for the aisles. The store was very crowded. You'd think they were handing out free diapers or something.

The shelves were full of a variety of high-quality goods at competitive prices. There was a whole large section just for cheese. There were wheels of cheese that were bigger than me! There was also a really large area called "BABY." As the name might indicate, this was where all the baby products were. Mom picked up a box of Wegmans diapers to see what they're like. They have Snoopy on the waistband. But since I can't really bend over to see my waist, I think the pictures are more for dad to tell the front from the back of the diaper.

Mom and dad didn't really put that much stuff into the cart. I guess they didn't need that much. It seemed like a wasted trip, but they looked just so happy to walk up and down the aisles. Fine by me. I like riding on the shopping cart.

What was most incredible was that even though the store was really crowded, we didn't have to wait in line to check out. Dad seemed most pleased by this, as he gets pretty impatient sometimes. Mom and dad rolled me up to the fun-looking conveyor belt thing and put all the groceries on. My diapers got to go for a fun ride down the belt, but I had to stay in the cart.

When they were paying for everything, mom used this cool card to get a special discount on everything. She said it was her Wegmans card. She told me I'd have to wait until I'm older to get one myself.

I can't wait until mom and dad make another needless trip to Wegmans. I'll have to start messing myself more often so we run out of diapers sooner!

~:O

5 Comments:

At 8:22 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

There's a danger to being introduced to Wegmans so young . . . it limits your desire to move away from a Wegmans. :-)

 
At 3:56 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Evan,

Do you by any chance own stock in this Wegman's company? Just wondering.

 
At 7:46 PM, Blogger Evan Jake said...

I do not own stock, nor do my mom or dad. (Wegmans is a privately held company.) However, if you're listening, Robert Wegman, a nice donation to my college fund would be nice! (Or at least a free package of those Snoopy diapers!!)

 
At 9:25 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nana LOVES Wegman's, too. I truly admire your taste in grocery stores. Shop on!

And that car ride fondness - it's likely you inherited that from Papa.

 
At 10:29 PM, Blogger Kathleen said...

very very funny...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

free webpage counters