DIAPERLOGUE: the unremarkable adventures of a suburban prince and princess

Sunday, January 15, 2006

I'm Fit to be Printed!

posted by Evan Jake at 10:29 PM

This article in Sunday's The New York Times describes the odd behavior of parents choosing domain names and e-mail addresses for their babies. These babies must not be very smart if they can't do it themselves. The day I came home from the hospital, I registered my e-mail address and blog domain all on my own. Since then, I've had no problem keeping up with all my electronic correspondence and online journal entries without assistance from mom or dad. I really don't see why other babies aren't capable of the same. There must be something wrong with them.

What really annoyed me about the article is that the baby web sites they link to as examples are really bad! One of them isn't even active!! When there is such high-quality baby blogging going on right here at diaperlogue, I'm astonished this blog is not more widely recognized by the established mainstream media.

I encourage you, my loyal readers, to write a letter to the editor of The New York Times and tell them about my unremarkable adventures as described on diaperlogue. As an added incentive, if your letter about diaperlogue gets published in The Times, I'll enter your name into a drawing to be eligible to win a free t-shirt from the Official Diaperlogue Online Store! [Offer open to US residents only. Void where prohibited.]

Now, before you go shooting off letters to the editor, I do feel obligated to tell you that this e-memoir may, at times, depict incidents that are not entirely truthful. This may not come as a great surprise to some of you, but avoiding another James Frey-type incident would be in everyone's best interest. I guess I shouldn't have much to worry about, though, given the Times' record on fact-checking.

When writing your letter, be sure to point out that diaperlogue draws visitors from around the globe. On a daily basis, up to one-third of diaperlogue's visitors are international! (Hola, ni hao, konichiwa and g'day!) And this site has loyal readers from coast-to-coast. (Hello, howdy, yo and how you doin'!) Plus, I'm really, really cute. Don't forget to tell them how cute I am and how much I love car rides!

Thanks for helping to stick it to the man!

~:O

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

free webpage counters