DIAPERLOGUE: the unremarkable adventures of a suburban prince and princess

Saturday, January 21, 2006

Everybody's Smiling (Sunshine Day)

posted by Evan Jake at 4:15 PM

With the weather being so warm, I've gotten to go on a few walks outside. A rare treat for a winter baby like me.

Usually when I go outside, it's so cold that mom dresses me up in many layers of the clothing. I'll have my usual outfit on and then mom will put my little hoodie on over that. Then I might even get a hat and big coat, too. It's so many layers of material my arms usually stick straight out to the sides. But not today. Today it was so warm, I got to go out in just my regular clothes. If my bubbie was there, she would have told mom that I wasn't dressed right.

So mom and dad broke out the stroller and took me on a really long walk all the way through the neighborhood. The stroller is pretty cool. Sometimes I fall asleep in there. But I don't understand why mom and dad would want to push me around, up and down all those hills, when they could just drive me around in the car. I love car rides!

This stroller is really quite a contraption. It's got big wheels, latches, belts, cup holders, baskets and neoprene grips. It's pretty fancy. It's more of a complete "travel system" than a stroller if you ask me. All it's missing really are aluminum alloy wheels, side airbags and a navigation system. They probably make one like that, but I'm sure dad can't afford it on his salary.

It was such a nice day, there were a lot of people walking around outside. Some people were running and some were just sitting there. I saw lots of people with their babies. Only these babies were big, had four legs and were on a leash. I'm glad I wasn't on a leash. I like the stroller much better. Then I would watch as the babies would make their business in the grass and their moms and dads would pick it up for them. That's a great idea. I hate messing in my diaper. It would be so much easier if mom and dad would just pick it up out of the grass for me. Now if I can only figure out how to undo all of those clips and latches and climb out of that stroller!

~:O

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

free webpage counters