DIAPERLOGUE: the unremarkable adventures of a suburban prince and princess

Tuesday, February 07, 2006

Groovy, Baby

posted by Evan Jake at 9:00 PM

As the two-month mark approaches, I feel a groove coming on. I'm finally getting a little more sleep at night and taking shorter naps during the day. All those sleepless nights have really been making me cranky. But I think it will still be a while before I can get a really full night's sleep.

Just the other day, I figured out that when it gets dark outside and there's nothing on TV but infomercials for vacuum cleaners and knives, I"m better off just going to sleep. When the sun is out and mom is awake, it's much more fun to be up. Plus, she responds to my crying faster during the day.

I'm also starting to look forward to certain things every day. I'm getting lots of baths and starting to like my swing. Mom and dad have this fancy looking swing in the middle of the living room. They've been trying to cram me into that thing since the day I got home from the hospital. The weird plastic seat, whirring motor and uneasy swaying totally freaked me out at first. As soon as they would put me in it, I'd start to scream. But now I'm totally rockin' out in that thing. I'll hang out there for at least five minutes before I start to scream.

Then of course, there are the more frequent car rides. I love car rides. Especially when they are to places other than the doctor's office. As I'm getting older, I've gotten to go on trips to friend's houses, big stores, a rockin' Super Bowl party and even a visit to dad's office. I really liked seeing dad at work -- although I didn't see much work getting done. He had a lot of paper on his desk (I mean a lot!) but he just let it sit there while talking to people on the phone non-stop. I can't believe they pay him to talk on the phone. I guess that's why they don't pay him very much. Meanwhile, all his coworkers came by and said how I was even cuter than my pictures. See, the camera really does add five ounces!

Even though I feel like I'm getting into a more even pattern, I can't let mom and dad off the hook. I need to mix it up when I see them letting their guard down. If I sleep for five hours straight one night, I need to be sure I only sleep for two hours the next. If I take a little extra time between a few of my meals, I'll need to start acting like I'm starving every half hour. I think this keeps things more interesting for both me and the folks.

The one thing I won't change is my pooping cycle. I'm pooping less and less every day, which I don't really mind. No one likes to sit in their own poo. But since I'm not pooping as much as I used to, I've got to wonder -- where is it all going?

~:O

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

free webpage counters