DIAPERLOGUE: the unremarkable adventures of a suburban prince and princess

Monday, December 15, 2008

I'll Cry If I Want To

posted by Sarah Gill at 9:03 PM

I'm sorry if I ruined your party, Evan Jake. Having never had a birthday party myself, I didn't realize how important it is. It wasn't my party, but I cried anyway. Was that a problem for you?

I didn't even get to see you blow out the birthday candles on your cake. Neither did Mommy. Instead, I was upstairs in my room screaming and crying. Maybe I was just jealous that you were taking away even more attention from me than usual. And you seemed to be getting all kinds of nice gifts. Sorry if my sobbing was a downer.

It turns out I was crying for a really good reason. It was my very first ear infection!

I hope you enjoy your present from me. It's an ear infection for you, too! Who knows, maybe you gave it to me first. At least I can take some solace in knowing that you are suffering as much as I am.

Happy third birthday, Evan Jake.

≈:O

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

free webpage counters