DIAPERLOGUE: the unremarkable adventures of a suburban prince and princess

Wednesday, November 05, 2008

Return to Normalcy

posted by Evan Jake at 7:40 PM

Wow, what a week. First there was the end of the World Series. The Phillies won! Then there was the big Presidential election. And right in the middle was Halloween with lots of candy!

That's me in the first picture in my Halloween costume after collecting my haul of sweets from all of our new neighbors. It was fun going door-to-door and meeting all of the new people on our block. I got red candy bars, brown candy bars and a pencil! The candy was tasty, but that pencil was awesome!

Daddy took me Trick-or-Treating. It was the first time I had seen him in a long time. Between watching the World Series and all the election coverage, Daddy had been glued to the TV while madly tracking polls online for weeks now. Daddy even landed a ticket for the clinching game of the Phillies World Series. He went to the game and didn't even bring me home a commemorative 72oz sippy cup. Since he didn't have any memorabilia as proof, he had to show me this blurry picture as evidence that he was actually there. He claims that seeing the Phillies win the World Series was as memorable as seeing me born. The only difference is that final game -- with the rain delay and all -- lasted three whole days. It only took me one day to get born.

Anyway, now that all of that excitement is past, we're all looking forward to getting back to life as normal. And by that, I mean Daddy ignoring me to watch reruns of "How It's Made" on the Science Channel.

~:O

1 Comments:

At 5:16 AM, Blogger ... said...

I'm so glad to see some old school pumpkins!! It seems like everyone else is pulling a Martha Stewart these days. Long live the triangles!

Oh ... and you ain't too bad yourself EJ!

xox

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

free webpage counters